Issue:DPL extension inserts a blank line headline
|Description:||DPL extension inserts a blank line headline|
|Extension / Version:||DPL / 1.8.9|
|Type / Status:||Bug / open|
Good day! Thank you for a powerful extension.
I have a problem: DPL extension inserts a blank line in the article title (see picture). Other articles that do not use DPL, displayed without distortion.
I use the original Monobook skin and the following versions of components:
- MediaWiki - 1.15.0
- PHP - 5.2.8 (appache)
- MySQL - 5.1.30-community-log
Can you tell me how to solve the problem, please. Thanks!
I have never noticed this so far. If you can reproduce the effect here in this wiki I will probably be able to help. --Gero 14:55, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
|DPL Example 007 main page 1|
|Nigunda||Bamitogoo||Republic of Nigunda|
|Nigunda Test||Bamitogoo Test||Republic of Nigunda Test|
no effect... Unfortunately, I didn't get to reproduce the problem directly.
But I noticed, if not submitted your wiki, there is an empty string (see figures).
Maybe this is somehow intersects with my problem? (sorry for my english:)
There is a BOM (byte order mark) in DynamicPageList.i18n.php
To find it:
hexdump -c DynamicPageList.i18n.php |grep "357 273 277"
To fix it:
tail -1274 DynamicPageList.i18n.php > newfile.php
Add <?php at the top of newfile.php and rename it to DynamicPageList.i18n.php
--Dri 19:42, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for bringing this up. I will delete the BOM in the next revision of DPL.
- I think one could also use a text editor and change the encoding from UTF-8 with BOM to UTF-8.
- Many editors offer several encoding types.
- --Gero 21:51, 23 November 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much! It really helped me. Kabanoff 09:08, 2 December 2009 (UTC)